If you want to clean the chain in a thorough way and reduce the amount of degreasing liquid used, Mangiacatena is the one for you. It’s the first chain cleaner equipped with lamellar elements at both ends, so that the chain can be cleaned by moving it in both directions, very useful also for e-bikes. Equipped with six rotating brushes and a sturdy handle.
- The best way to clean the chain with minimum consumption of degreasing liquid
- The lamellar elements at both ends retain dirt and liquid inside Mangiacatena, while the six rotating brushes - continuously wet with degreaser - also act mechanically on the chain
- It can be used both on the lower and upper part of the chain, pedaling in both directions
- Degreasing liquid or water can be added from above, without the need to open Mangiacatena
- Made of shockproof and solvent resistant plastic. It can be refurbished with the appropriate replacement brush kit
- It works with single-speed transmissions (maximum chain width: 9 mm) and 5 to 13 speed chains
Cleaning with minimum waste:
There is nothing wrong with cleaning the chain with the classic brush and solvent liquid in a tin. In that way, however, a lot of solvent is wasted without getting to a deep cleaning, unless you want to disassemble the chain and immerse it in the solvent. To avoid disassembly and clean in depth, we have developed Mangiacatena: the best cleaning with the least amount of solvent, in a short time, leaving the chain on the bike.
IMPORTANT: reducing the amount of solvent used doesn’t mean that cleaning takes place without getting dirty. Better to protect the floor with a cloth or work outside.
Dirt has no escape:
The chain runs straight inside Mangiacatena, squeezed at both ends between lamellar plastic (PE) elements with the task of keeping as much solvent inside as possible. The washing is performed by six rotating brushes, continuously soaked in the cleaning liquid, which actively remove dirt on each side, pushing the solvent inside the chain.
Made to last:
Nothing lasts forever, but we have selected Mangiacatena materials and construction for a long life. We also provide a complete set of replacement brushes, Mangiacatena Replacement Kit, to replace what you wear without having to throw everything away. We have chosen to use lamellar PE elements at both ends, instead of the more common sponges, for their greater durability and resistance.
For single-speed transmissions and 5 to 13 speed chains:
The chain runs straight inside Mangiacatena, instead of following a tortuous path, making it also suitable for single-speed transmissions (for a chain with a maximum width of 9 mm). No problem for traditional 5 to 13 speed chains.